- Prior to your arrival you will receive an email from our Residential Life Conference team with information about your specific move-in time.
- Interns will be assigned to the West Hill Apartments and should go directly to the Apartment Community Center to check-in. View this interactive map for instructions on where to go.
- At check-in you will receive your room assignment and key card.
- Please keep in mind that there will be no campus-provided moving assistance. A limited number of moving carts will be available; there are no elevators in our West Hill Community.
- Complete your intern housing contract with Event & Conference Services.
- Consult the Residential Life Packing List; UMBC provides a furnished apartment and shower curtain but guests are responsible for providing their own linens, toiletries, and cooking utensils.
- Sign-Up for UMBC Text Alerts
- Review the UMBC Residential Life Rights & Responsibilities Guide
After You Move-In
- Take your time to settle in and make your room your new home for the summer!
- If you identify any damage or issues in your room, please complete the Room Condition Form within the first 48 hours of your arrival.
- It is likely that you will be living with other people and as a component of that, you will be asked to fill out a Roommate Agreement so that you and your fellow interns can have some ground rules for how to conduct yourselves in your shared spaces. Once completed, please return to the Apartment Community Center Desk Staff.
On-Campus Resources for Interns
In the event that you have any questions or concerns you are welcome to visit or call the Apartment Community Center Desk (443-612-7100), which is open 24/7. Below you will find some helpful resources for your stay at UMBC:
- Campus Map
- Emergency Assistance: 911
- Campus Police: 410-455-5555
- Event & Conference Services: 410-455-3615
- Residential Life: 410-455-2591
- Dining Services: Interns interested in a Summer Meal Plan should contact Event & Conference Services.
- Parking: Interns interested in a Parking Permit should contact Event & Conference Services.
- Retriever Activities Center (RAC): Interns interested in a RAC membership should contact Event & Conference Services.
- Internet: You can access the UMBC Visitor wifi in the residential facilities.
- Laundry facilities are located in the Apartment Community Center. Interns do not need to pay to use the machines.
- ATMs are located outside of the University Center.
- Vending & Ice Machines are located in the Apartment Community Center.
Safety, health, and well-being are top priorities in our on-campus residence communities and these priorities guide our decision making for fall semester. This includes educating guests regarding campus expectations for social distancing, personal protective equipment (face coverings, sanitizer, etc.), and practices to support student health. Disinfectant as well as additional hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout the residential communities.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our community:
- Guests residing on campus are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for the 2023 summer season.
- Guests are encouraged to carry a mask with them while on campus to be worn when necessary.
- In the event that test positive for COVID-19 or you suspect that you could have COVID-19, you should contact your group host and/or Event & Conference Services immediately. You will be asked to vacate UMBC housing immediately, as UMBC does not provide Quarantine and Isolation housing for summer guests. You may be permitted to return to campus once you’ve completed your quarantine and isolation period, based on current CDC guidelines.
Mail & Package Delivery
Mail service begin on June 6, 2023 for summer students and interns. If you are having items shipped please use the following address:
INTERN- Apartment Community Center
West Hill Apartments ROOM
UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Please help us keep your conference rates low by completing the following tasks before your leave:
- Remove all personal items from your space.
- Place trash in garbage cans near your building.
- Pull your window shade down.
- Turn off all lights and faucets.
- Close and lock your bedroom and entry doors.
- Return your key to the Apartment Community Center Desk.
After your departure, your room will be inspected by Conference Staff to assess for cleaning and damage charges. If you are found responsible of damage and/or cleaning, you will be invoiced by Events & Conference Services.