Residential Life will offer limited summer housing for eligible UMBC students in Harbor Hall.
Summer Housing Eligibility
To be eligible for residence, students must be admitted and enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or special non-degree seeking student at UMBC and meet one of the following conditions:
- Enrolled in at least one course each session;
- Employed, and granted return to work/campus status, by the University for the summer session; or
- Have a permanent address that is more than 30 miles from UMBC’s campus and is enrolled in a UMBC approved in-person internship in the Baltimore metro area.
Non-UMBC students who may be in the Baltimore/DC Metro area due to an internship and are looking for Summer Housing opportunities should visit Intern Housing HUB.
Summer Housing Application & Room Assignments
Current students will be eligible to apply for summer housing as early as May 1. Due to limited availability of housing, we encourage students to submit their applications by the priority deadlines outlined below.
2023 Summer Housing Deadlines
|Summer Housing Application Available||May 1, 2023|
|Summer Session I Application Priority Deadline||May 12, 2023 at 5PM|
|Summer Session I Move-In||May 29, 2023 at Noon|
|Summer Session II Application Priority Deadline||June 23, 2023|
|Summer Session II Move-In||TBD|
|Summer Session Move-Out||August 18, 2023 at 8PM|
2023 Summer Housing & Meal Plan Rates
2023 Summer Housing rates will be posted in late April.
Below you can find information regarding last summer’s housing rates (2022). Students applying for Summer Session I or Summer Session I & II, will be assigned to Hillside Apartments and are not required to have a summer meal plan. If you are interested in adding a Summer Meal Plan, please contact Campus Card and Mail Services (https://campuscard.umbc.edu/meal-plans-2/additional-plans/). Below are the room and board rates for students assigned to the Hillside Apartments:
- Summer Session I (4 weeks) – $1008
- Summer Session I (6 weeks)- $1512
- Summer Session I (8 weeks)- $2016
- Summer Session I (10 weeks) (Summer I, plus Summer II 4 Week) – $2520
- Summer Session I (12 weeks)- $3054
Students applying for Summer Session II only housing will be assigned Susquehanna Hall and will be required to have a summer meal plan. Below are the room and board rates for students assigned to Susquehanna Hall with a summer meal plan:
- Summer Session II (4 weeks) – $1168
- Summer Session II (6 weeks)- $1752
If approved for summer housing, only those students whose permanent address is more than 50 miles (Distance D) will be offered Transitional Housing. Transitional housing provides residents the opportunity to remain on campus between the end of the Spring Semester and the beginning of Summer Session I or between the end of Summer Session II and Fall Move-In.