UMBC significantly shapes the student experience. From getting involved in campus events to joining student organizations, from exploring diverse cultures to learning about spiritual practices, from shaping new leaders to serving local communities, from fraternity and sorority bonds to Student Government board meetings – students create Student Life. Students are the reason for it, they make it happen, and they create it with their passions, ideas, dialogues, and programs. Through involvement in the countless student activities, students have the opportunities to meet new people, try new things, and engage in learning opportunities that complement their academic experiences.
Academic Resources & Recognition
- Academic Success Center
- Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
- Registrars Office
- Academic Resources Handbook
- Study @ Home
In the spring semester, residential students who earn a semester grade point average (GPA) of 3.75 (Deans’ List) to 4.00 (President’s List) during the fall semester will be recognized for their commitment to academic success. Students are invited to attend one of two receptions with special guests that include:
- Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs,
- Dean of the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences,
- Dean of the College of the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, and
- Dean of the College of Engineering and Information Technology
Health, Wellness & Safety
- Baltimore Collegetown Newtork offers special student discounts and events just for students that can connect you with other students in the area.
- LGBT Baltimore and UMBC Resource Website