All Residential Communities close Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 8:00pm for the Thanksgiving Break except for Potomac Hall, Harbor Hall (1st North/West, 2nd South/West, 3rd South/West) and the Apartments. If you are leaving for the break please use the checklist below to help reduce the risk of fire, minimize pest problems, and increase the security of your room and belongings.
- Unplug all appliances and extension cords from electrical wall sockets. (Exceptions: You may leave refrigerators and fish tanks plugged in after making sure electrical connections are safe… that is, not running under rugs, not hanging out of the wall, etc.).
- Turn off your room lights and make sure that the bathroom light and fan are off.
- Turn off all water completely.
- Remove all trash from your room/suite and dispose of it properly, recycle any items you can.
- Close and lock your windows.
- Leave blinds and shades open except for first floor – first floor rooms should fully CLOSE shades and blinds.
- Turn off your alarm clock.
- Make sure no items are left on the floor.
- Remember to pack any medications or other necessities you might need i.e. books, glasses, passports etc. You will not be able to gain access to your room until Sunday, November 26th at 12 noon.
- Take any valuables like your laptop home with you.
- Set heat at 72 degrees (if applicable).
- Lock your door and take your key, UMBC ID, and Resident ID with you.
Hall Residents: Your RA will conduct a closing inspection Wednesday evening after you leave. Please help save time by following these procedures before you depart. Hall will reopen on Sunday November 26, 2017 at noon.