Housing Selection has been completed.
If you are seeking on campus housing for the 2018-2019 academic year please apply on the housing waitlist through your Residence Log-In
Welcome to UMBC Residential Life’s 2018 Housing Selection! This process will allow you to choose a room to live in on campus next year. Our system is fully online and will allow you to participate in Housing Selection using your smartphone, tablet, or any computer. Just apply, connect, and select!
The first 500 students to apply will receive a Residential Life hat – wow!
What’s New for Housing Selection 2018…
- Commuters may participate fully in Selection! Must be part of a group for Residential Life housing – come to the Residential Life office in Erickson Hall 184 with a current residential group member to fill out a “commuter pass” form. May apply as an individual or as part of a group for Walker Avenue Apartments with 39+ credits. To apply for Walker simply fill out the on-line application for Walker.
- No 3-person groups will be able to participate in Selection. If you have a group of 3 you will need to find a 4th person through the Roommate Searching feature or by attending the Roommate Mixer on March 7th at 7:30 p.m. in the Apartment Community Center (across from Walker garage) hosted by the Resident Student Association (RSA). Students seeking to obtain a triple room should stop in at the Residential Life office to make the request at Erickson Hall 184.
- Facebook Live Session to let you get Housing Selection Info any time!
- Remember – as was the case last year 4-person groups do not receive priority for apartments – Housing Selection is based on your academic credits only as of winter session and your group credit average if you are selecting as a group.
- Apartment cut-off Res Life Apartment Hillside, Terrace and West Hill: Many students hope to be able to select an apartment. Remember that the typical apartment cut-off is approximately a 50 credit group average. That cut-off can vary depending on how many students are selecting apartments. So, for example, a group of four students who are freshmen this year who each obtained 15 credits as of winter session has a group credit average of 15. This group should not plan on obtaining an apartment with that group credit average.
- Apartment cut-off Walker Avenue Apartments: Most students with 39+ credits who apply to Walker will obtain an apartment through Housing Selection. Since each member of your group must have 39+ credits to apply for Walker the competition for apartments at that facility is somewhat less. So, for example, a group of rising juniors with 39 credits each as of winter session has a group credit average of 39. This group typically will be able to obtain an apartment if they have applied for Walker Avenue apartments.
March 5 @ 12:00 PM – Housing applications and licenses available online
March 5 @ 12:00 PM – Commuter Connection Fair at Commons Main Street.
March 7 @ 12:00 PM – Housing Selection Info session in Apartment Community Center – Facebook Live Streaming also!
March 7 @ 7:30 PM – Roommate Mixer in Apartment Community Center – Food provided!
March 19-23 – Spring Break
March 27 @ 11:59PM – Deadline for submitting your housing applicant and license – don’t miss this to guarantee your space for 2018-2019!
March 5-27 @ 12:00 PM – Roommate Group Formation and Roommate Search
March 28-29 @ 12:00 PM – Gender Inclusive Roommate Group Formation
March 29 @ 12:00 PM – All groups will lock and will no longer be editable
March 30 – Selection times are assigned and emailed to groups based on group credit average. Your countdown clock begins in your Residence account.
April 4 – Online Room Selection – 80 – 120+ credits as group average
April 5 – Online Room Selection – 40 – 79 credits as group average
April 6 – Online Room Selection – 0 – 39 credits as group average
April 10 – Online Walker Avenue Apartment Selection
April 11 – Online Walker Avenue Apartment Selection
Click below to get started…
Housing Selection Printable information, Housing Selection 2018.