Move-in for new students is Saturday, August 26th from 9:00am to 3:00pm and returning students Monday, August 28th.
Housing Assignment information details will be available on July 18th in your Residence Account: http://umbc.edu/go/housing Please note no early arrival requests will be considered for fall 2017 Opening unless you are part of an approved Welcome Week group. Please do NOT ship any items to campus prior to your arrival!
Classes begin Wednesday, August 30, 2017. Several items to remember:
- Students will not be able to move into their room without meningitis information on file at University Health Services
- Arrival Unloading Guidelines
- Room assignments are still being made, your Residence Account will provide all room information.
- Hover boards (balance boards, self-balancing devices, etc.) are prohibited on campus and in Residential Halls due to safety concerns regarding lithium batteries. For a complete list of items to bring and not to bring: Residential Life_Packing List
- For a list of campus resources: http://reslife.umbc.edu/campus-living/campus-resources/
- Before coming to campus be sure to sign-up for e2Campus alerts. Alerts allows the campus to communicate with you regarding emergencies, inclement weather, closings and more.
- Microwaves are not allowed, to rent a Microfridge (microwave/refrigerator combination): http://reslife.umbc.edu/microfridge-rental/ The deadline for rentals of Microfridge is August 15th.
- If you would like to purchase a Bedloft to increase your room space: http://reslife.umbc.edu/bedloft/
- Information about Resident Student Association (RSA)
- Meal Plan Information
- Fall Dining Opening Hours
- Campus Map: UMBC Campus Map
- Residential Maps, click images to enlarge