Apply for 2019-2020 Housing | Priority Deadline May 1, 2019
- Admitted first-year students should click here to access the online housing application.
- The Transfer Student housing application will be available in late March.
- Enter your myUMBC username and password. Do not give a friend or family member your username and password to complete for you.
- Complete the application. The application assists in the assignment and roommate matching process, so make sure you complete this application honestly and accurately. Students are encouraged to review special housing options before submitting the application.
- First-year students who complete the application by May 1, 2019 will also be be required to acknowledge the housing license and pay the deposit at the time of submission.
- Students interested in housing who miss the priority deadline are still encouraged to submit an application. These students will be added to the housing waitlist.
Housing Assignments & Offers Communicated
- Housing assignments and/or offers will be communicated to students via UMBC email.
- Students that completed the application by May 1 should receive their assignment in mid-July.
- Students that completed the application after May 1 will receive communication about housing offers throughout the summer and into the start of the Fall semester.
Accept the Housing License
- Transfer students and those who submitted the application after May 1, should read and accept the terms of the Housing License online once they receive their housing offer.
- If under the age of 18, upon agreeing to the terms of this license, you will need to complete License Verification form with a parent/guardian. Further instructions will be provided in the application.
Submit the Housing Deposit
- Transfer students and those who submitted the application after May 1, 2019 should pay the $200 housing deposit online using a credit card or electronic check once they receive their housing offer.
- For questions or concerns about payment, please contact our office.
Notification of Housing Cancellation
- Students may cancel their housing license prior to the start of the Fall Semester by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved cancellations will result in a $200 housing deposit forfeiture. A cancellation fee may be applied based on timing of the request.