Current residential students who wish to live on-campus for the upcoming academic year, should complete the Housing Selection application by March 26, 2019 at 11:59PM. Click here to review information and deadlines related to Housing Selection.
Current commuter students who wish to live on-campus for the upcoming academic year, should review the Housing Selection information to learn more about opportunities for living on campus. Click here to review information and deadlines related to Housing Selection.
New students interested in on-campus housing must complete a housing application. New students who apply by May 1, 2019 are guaranteed housing for the 2019-2020 academic year. Click here to learn more about the New Student Housing Application & Assignment Process.
Students who complete their housing application after their assigned priority deadline will be added to a housing waitlist. Waitlist offers will be made through out the summer and into the start of the Fall semester.
Important Housing Terminology
- Application: Current and admitted students must submit an online application in order to be considered for housing.
- License: The housing license is a contract between the student and UMBC Residential Life, similar to a lease. Students and/or their families who acknowledge the housing license as part of the application process are committing to the financial obligations and terms identified in the housing license for the full academic year.
- Deposit: All students pay a $200 non-refundable housing deposit in order to live on campus. The deposit will be returned to you if you remain in housing through the length of your contract term.
- Waitlist: We maintain a waitlist for housing during the summer months and in December/January before the beginning of each semester. If we are able to offer you housing we will contact you via your UMBC email with instructions on how to accept your offer.
- Assignment Priority: Students on the waitlist will be offered housing based on distance from campus. Students whose permanent home addresses are furthest from the UMBC campus will be offered housing first.
- Cancellation: Students may cancel their housing license prior to occupancy (the start of the license term) by emailing email@example.com. Approved cancellations will result in a $200 housing deposit forfeiture. A cancellation fee may be applied based on timing of the request.
- Appeal: Students seeking release from their housing license after the start of an academic year, must email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals may be submitted for significant change in financial, medical, or academic status. Students granted an appeal may be subject to cancellation fees, pro-rated charges, and/or housing deposits forfeitures, as outlined in the housing license.