Housing License Cancellations
Students may cancel their housing license prior to occupancy (the start of the license term) by emailing email@example.com. Approved cancellations will result in a $200 housing deposit forfeiture. A cancellation fee may be applied based on timing of the request.
Fall 2019 Cancellation Schedule
- Cancellations received by 11:59PM on June 1 will forfeit the housing deposit already on file.
- Cancellations between June 2 and July 1 will be assessed a $200 cancellation fee and forfeit the housing deposit.
- Cancellations between July 2 and August 15 will be assessed a $300 cancellation fee and forfeit the housing deposit.
- Cancellations between August 16 and 27th will be assessed a $350 cancellation fee and forfeit the housing deposit.
- Cancellations received after August 27th will be assessed a $500 cancellation fee, forfeit the housing deposit, and will be assess a pro-rated refund based on the University schedule.
Housing License & Fee Appeals
Students seeking release from their housing license, after the start of an academic year, must email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals may be submitted for significant change in financial, medical, or academic status. Students should include the reason for their appeal in detail and as much documentation as possible. The student may be asked to schedule a meeting with a member of the assignments team before the petition is formally reviewed by the Residential Life Appeals Committee. Students granted an appeal may be subject to cancellation fees, pro-rated charges, and/or housing deposits forfeitures, as outlined in the housing license.
Students who would like to appeal check-out related housing charges should complete the UMBC Residential Damage Appeal Form by 11:59PM on June 15, 2019. Please keep in mind that submission of an appeal does not guarantee charges with will removed. Students who submit a formal appeal should receive a response from Residential Life by June 28, 2019.