We’ve received many questions about how Residential Life is handling various aspects of our response to COVID-19. We have split the questions into three groups that are explained below. We will continue to update these entries as we receive more information, so keep checking back! To view our FAQ’s for the Spring 2020 semester please visit our archived FAQ page.
COVID-19 Residential Life FAQs
- Housing Assignments, Applications, Deposits, and Schedule
- This group of FAQ’s has been further broken down into Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 sections as we begin to share information regarding the upcoming spring semester. This is the most frequently changing FAQ section, so make sure to check back for more updates. This section includes information about how assignments are made, how students can apply for housing for the upcoming semester, how and when students will receive their housing deposits, and what the move-in and -out schedules look like.
- Residential Life’s Response to COVID-19
- This group of FAQ’s provides information about the ways UMBC Residential Life has responded to the constantly evolving COVID-19 situation. Some of the covered topics include safety protocols, housing density, and preparations being made by our staff as well as the university as a whole.
- Residential Expectations & Experience
- This group of FAQ’s provides information about changes to the expectations and experience students will encounter this year as we adapt to COVID-19. Some included topics are changes to residential life policies, changes to prioritization of housing offers, changes to services offered, and off-campus information.