What is Housing Selection?
Housing Selection is the process by which current students select their room and/or roommates for the upcoming academic year. Our system is fully online; you can participate in Housing Selection using your smartphone, tablet, or any computer.
- Current students who apply between March 9- April 7, 2020 are guaranteed on-campus housing for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Students with outstanding student account balances greater than $2000 will not be granted access to the application. You should clear your account and then contact the Residential Life Office to request access to the application.
- Graduate students and 5th year residents will only be able to apply for Walker Avenue Apartments.
- Undergraduate students with 39 completed credits will be able to choose between the Residential Life and Walker Avenue Applications.
- Current commuters will need to be pulled in by a current resident before requesting access to the the housing application.
- The first 500 applicants get a free prize!
- When you submit your application you are committing to housing for the full academic year. If you decide to cancel you will forfeit your housing deposit and be charged a cancellation fee.
- March 9- Housing Selection Application(s) Available
- March 25- Housing Selection Information Session Online
- April 7- Housing Selection Application Due
- March 9- April 8- Roommate Search Open
- April 9-12- Gender Inclusive Group Formation Available
- April 12- Group Formation Closes
- April 20-22- Residential Life Selection
- April 29 30- Walker Avenue Selection
- For Walker Avenue questions, please contact their office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Residential Life questions, submit an RT Ticket
- Join a Housing Selection Q &A session via WebEx using your UMBC login from on March 27, March 30, April 1, April 3, April 6 from 12-12:45PM.
- Last minute questions? Join us via WebEx using your UMBC login on April 7 from Noon-12:45PM and 4PM-5PM.