The STEM Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a collaborative community, sponsored by the College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences. It offers opportunities for students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines to connect socially and academically with other STEM students at UMBC, through in hall tutoring and social gatherings.
By being a part of the STEM LLC, students can expect to:
- Develop intentional connections and relationships among students majoring in STEM
- Connect with STEM and UMBC faculty and administrators
- Network with leaders from academe, industry, and government
- Explore and experience cultural learning opportunities
- Participate in community service events
- Receive peer mentoring from upper class STEM students
All members of the community will be enrolled in a shared First Year Experience course and live in the same community.
For more information, please visit our website at stemllc.umbc.edu
Please contact Lucie Blauvelt, STEM LLC Coordinator, with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-8055
New Incoming First-Year Students:
- Complete the LLC Application within the Residential Life Housing Application by May 1st. You may preference up to 3 LLCs in the LLC Application. (LINK TO APPLICATION)
Current UMBC Residential Students:
- Complete the Residential Life Housing Application by the published Housing Selection deadline.
- Contact the LLC Coordinator via email to seek permission.
To learn more about STEM click here!