The Individualized Study Living-Learning Community (INDS LLC) provides new students with an opportunity to create individualized, interdisciplinary undergraduate degrees based on a variety of academic interests. New participants will engage with current students, faculty, and staff as they explore a variety of academic areas and learn about how to be a successful student at UMBC. While students intending to pursue an Individualized Study degree will be given priority for the LLC, any students with an interest in multiple disciplines are encouraged to apply.
What to expect from the Individualized Study LLC:
* A strong sense of community and connection to the INDS LLC and UMBC
* Engagement in academic, service, research, and pre-professional opportunities
* Advising and support from INDS faculty and staff
* Development of academic interests
* Course connection: participate in a four credit First-Year Seminar (FYS) with other members of the floor
Stephen Freeland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-202
New Incoming First-Year Students:
- Complete the LLC Application within the Residential Life Housing Application by May 1st. You may preference up to 3 LLCs in the LLC Application.
Current UMBC Residential Students:
- Complete the Residential Life Housing Application by the published Housing Selection deadline AND contact the LLC Coordinator directly to seek permission to return to the LLC.
To learn more about Interdisciplinary Studies click here!