The Discovery Scholars Living-Learning Community (DS LLC) provides new students the opportunity to discover their true academic passions during their first year on campus. New participants will engaged with current students, faculty, and staff as they explore a variety of academic majors and career options while also learning how to be a successful student at UMBC. Students with a variety of academic interests, as well as students that are uncertain about their major and/or future goals, are especially encouraged to apply.
What to expect from the Discovery Scholars LLC:
* A strong sense of community and connection to the DS LLC and UMBC
* Engagement in major and career exploration, service, academic, and research opportunities
* Participation in a collaborative learning environment
* Advising and support from DS faculty and staff
* Peer mentorship from former DS LLC participants
* Course connection: participate in a four credit First-Year Seminar (FYS) with other members of the floor
Jill Randles at email@example.com or 410-455-3715
Laila Shishineh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-3737
New Incoming First-Year Students:
- Complete the LLC Application within the Residential Life Housing Application by May 1st. You may preference up to 3 LLCs in the LLC Application. (LINK TO APPLICATION)
Current UMBC Residential Students:
- Complete the Residential Life Housing Application by the designated deadline AND contact the LLC Coordinator directly to seek permission to return to the LLC. Space is limited to returning current Discovery Scholar LLC residents who have accepted a Discovery Scholars peer mentor position.
To learn more about Discovery Scholars click here!