The Intercultural Living Exchange (ILE) Living-Learning Community (LLC) is an innovative program that incorporates linguistic and cultural components while promoting diversity, student-faculty interaction and service learning, three vital elements in the fostering of student success at UMBC. The ILE LLC helps students develop the intercultural competencies they will need to face the challenges of our global world.
What to expect from the Intercultural Language Exchange LLC:
- An immersive cultural and/or language experience
- Development of cultural communication skills and appreciation of diversity
- Graduate and upper-class peer mentoring
- Support and advice from program faculty
- Course connections: MLL 299 and MLL 430
Marie Deverneil at email@example.com or 410-455-2711
Fontella Bateman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2109
New Incoming First-Year Students:
- Complete the LLC Application within the Residential Life Housing Application by May 1st. You may preference up to 3 LLCs in the LLC Application. (LINK TO APPLICATION)
Current UMBC Residential Students:
- Complete the Residential Life Housing Application by the published Housing Selection deadline AND contact the LLC Coordinator directly to seek permission to return to the LLC.