The Discovery Scholars Living-Learning Community (LLC) will provide new students with a variety of intellectual and social opportunities to help them discover their true academic passion and learn about the UMBC community and surrounding area. With a specific focus on exploring and selecting an appropriate college major and future career, students will live and study with and learn from fellow students in the program as well as their advisors.
What to expect from the Discovery Scholars LLC:
- Collaborative learning environment
- Develop engaged leaders at UMBC
- Major and career exploration
- One on one advising and assistance
- Upper class peer mentoring
- Monthly social events and programs
- Course connections: Four Credit First Year Seminar
Jill Randles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-3715
Laila Shishineh at email@example.com or 410-455-3737
New Incoming First-Year Students:
- Complete the LLC Application within the Residential Life Housing Application by May 1st. You may preference up to 3 LLCs in the LLC Application. (LINK TO APPLICATION)
Current UMBC Residential Students:
- Complete the Residential Life Housing Application by the designated deadline AND contact the LLC Coordinator directly to seek permission to return to the LLC. Space is limited to returning current Discovery Scholar LLC residents who have accepted a Discovery Scholars peer mentor position.